Did you know?
• TCPJ has launched a Victim-Offender Mediation program? We work with first-time juvenile offenders referred to us from the office of the District Attorney in Shawnee County. We help young people understand the effects of their criminal activity, & make a good turn-around to prevent recurring inappropriate behavior. Program Director Lindsey Schwartz is the director of the program.
• Our board members and staff have met with reps from the 4 Topeka public school districts to check out how we can collaborate to STOP BULLYING in order to make our schools a welcome place for all kids.
• The Great Plains Conference of the United Methodist Church has contributed $2500 to the center for our Gun Violence Prevention task force?
• The Christian Church in Kansas has made a Reconciliation Grant to the center of $750 for our 2015 Peace Camp?
• Currently, there are over 27 million people in modern-day slavery across the world. This includes many forms such as sex trafficking, slave labor and child labor.
• More than 70 percent of National RIfle Association members support universal background checks